Monday, February 11, 2013

A Sight for Sore Eyes


This weekend brought a light, perfect coating on snow to Southwestern Montana. As the weather warmed over the past few weeks, everything began to melt, leaving behind only gray slush and quiet skies. This weekend's snow was a sight for sore eyes. While I can't say that I'm not anxiously awaiting Spring, there is something beautiful about a Montana Winter. So between doing laundry and housework, we decided to make the most of it. Trevor suggested a short drive to one of our favorite winter spots and we used the opportunity to take some photos of my glasses that arrived last week. 

When I found out that I would need prescription glasses, Firmoo approached me about sharing their products with you. While I had ordered a pair of glasses through my optician, I couldn't turn down the opportunity for an extra pair (especially after realizing the cost of frames). When my expensive, in-store, designer glasses took nearly three weeks to arrive, I was even more thankful that I had taken Firmoo up on their offer - while it still look nearly two weeks for these glasses from Firmoo to arrive, they saved me more than a week of headaches and strained eyes while I waited for my others to arrive in the optician's office. 

Prior to needing glasses, I had always loved the idea of them. Leggings, a sweatshirt and quirky frames were always my quintessential image of cozy. It seemed as though putting on a pair of glasses instantly gave tired travelers, studying college students, and coffee shop regulars the ability to look put together without much effort. I envied those with cute frames but never realized that glasses came at such a high cost. To be honest, I hadn't really realized a lot of things about glasses like how difficult it is to keep them clean. 


It wasn't until after this post that many friends confided in me that they hadn't purchased new glasses in two, three, or even five years, even after realizing their prescription had changed. While my in-store frames alone had cost nearly two hundred dollars, Firmoo offers hundreds of choices, all under $60 - a much more affordable figure. Plus, the sturdy black case there frames came with was much more appealing than the nylon, zippered case offered by optician.

In elementary school, my younger brother purposefully failed a vision test in order to be prescribed with little wire framed glasses that he insisted would make him "look smarter" but with the growing presence of affordable online retailers like Firmoo, glasses are no longer just used for necessity. Affordable frames make it possible for anyone to choose glasses as an accessory. Though I'm not thrilled with needing my glasses,  I love the way these frames instantly make my outfits feel put together  - if you want a modern, vintage, or geek chic look, there are glasses for that. Who knew?

If you want a new look at the start of the new year, or you're one of those who told me you hadn't gotten new glasses in nearly half of a decade, Firmoo offers free glasses (with prescription lenses!) to new customers with its First Pair Free program. Paying for shipping only makes a new pair of frames more than affordable. Though the quality of these frames may be less than the quality of the Nine West designer frames, I ordered from the optician, they were low-cost and arrived quickly.

While I had no worries about choosing frames online, I worried that an online company may not do a great job of filling my prescription for astigmatism or that the glasses would be crushed on their way to Montana. I was wrong on both accounts. Firmoo not only took the time to ensure my prescription was filled correctly but also mailed the glasses inside a sturdy case, well protected from shipping damage. They even added a keychain glasses screwdriver and a cleaning cloth - perfect for my constantly smudged lenses.

My only complaint? I can't stop browsing for the perfect pair of prescription sunglasses.


Please note that I was provided with a free pair of prescription glasses from Firmoo in return for reviewing their products and sharing their First Pair Free program on Live Beautifully. That being said, all opinions are my own. I only work with brands that I use and love, brands that are a good fit for this space, in hopes of sharing great products with you.  


3 comments:

  1. Wow! This is absolutely awesome! Cool eyewear!

    -AV-Sun.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I'm really loving this pair of glasses! Something a little different! Plus, you can't beat free!

      Delete
  2. The above review of branded reading glasses is very informative and good to know more about branded sunglasses. I love those branded sunglasses that protect my eyes and improve my personality statement.

    ReplyDelete