Sunday, February 24, 2013

[8/52]


Snapshots from this week: 
1 // Roasted rainbow carrots & yukon gold potatoes from our co-op this week. 
2 // Buddy has developed this new habit of sitting on us as soon as we sit on the couch. The only weirder thing? Trevor's mustache.
3 // Our Friday night treat: BLT sandwiches with avocado. 
4 // A favorite sentimental spot in our house, the fridge view I have while chopping veggies. 


Favorite posts this week: 
The Dreamers | short story #2  - Pastor's Girl's Ponderings
Distressed & Studded High Waisted Shorts DIY - Blythe Ponytail Paraders
The Malaga Cove, the Old Fashioned, the very low-key weekend - Excelsior Lady
Broiled Salmon and Roasted Garlic Cream Noodles with Crispy Cauliflower + Toasted Pine Nuts. - How Sweet It Is
Oh What A Place - Girl with a Movie Camera


This week I'm... 

Looking for a great new book to read. I never finished Eight Girls Taking Pictures since it really boiled down to a story of promiscuity rather than photography. The next book that I had checked out from the library turned out too frightening for me. Suggestions? 

Cooking a whole list of things! So far today, I've baked more cinnamon rolls (are you surprised?), roasted carrots and potatoes, baked a pork tenderloin, made a citrus vinaigrette (you'll see that recipe tomorrow) and made dinner, too. 

Waiting for Spring! I can't wait to plant a new herb garden. This week, Walmart stocked its shelves with succulents, mini cacti, and fresh herbs ready to be planted. 

Thankful for two Skype calls with my favorite ladies this week. 

Watching Magnum P.I. - I'm not sure why I have such a fascination with 1980's television shows but it's definitely a problem. Maybe it's just that Magnum's mustache and goofy jeans remind me of my dad?


2 comments:

  1. I just downloaded The Dinner by Herman Koch for my kindle. I'm not far enough to give you my opinion on it but I've heard good things about this book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Thanks for the tip - I'll definitely check it out!

      Delete