Thursday, December 30, 2010

Project 365

A post completely irrelevant to the world of Paris, France, tourist attractions and my blog for the past few days. Today I decided that as part of my New Years resolution, I'm starting a 365 project.

For those of you who haven't heard about the project, a guy named Jacob Stone set out to take one photo a day for the entire year of 2002. Now, it's my turn.

There's no set theme, no set rules. One photo a day - that simple. I've become so close with my camera that I either have it or my point and shoot with me at all times, even in the grocery store (as you've read).

The goal is to take an interesting or memorable moment and immortalize it in film. Meet someone new? Try a new food? Saw a funny advertisement on a billboard? Took off to France? Got a haircut? It's an interesting way to view your life, to savor the moments, to remember.

At the end of the whole thing, I'm going to print and assemble the photos into an album of the year. I will also upload the photos online to another new blog which will be solely reserved for the project - each day containing a photo and a brief glimpse into why it was taken.

[I have yet to do anything to the blog so it won't be very interesting today but check back on the first.]

Ultimately I hope that this project will help improve my camera skills and allow me to enjoy the little things more. I hope you enjoy my journey through 2011 in film.

No comments:

Post a Comment