Sunday, January 27, 2013

[4/52]


Snapshots from this week: 
1// Saturday morning sunshine in our kitchen. 
2// The weather has been crazier than ever - sunshine, wind, rain and snow, all in one day. 
3// This was our first week participating in Bountiful Baskets - we got all of this produce & 5lbs of potatoes for $15! 
4// While I missing being close to Target, I scored this brand new Target cardigan at Goodwill a few weeks ago. Love it.
5 // The makings of beef stew. 


Favorite posts this week: 
Living Well: Strength - Maeidae
Discovering Fur - Bureaucrachic
A fellow Montana blogger! I also loved her view on vintage fur.. and well, the whole outfit.
He Likes It - Kelli Trontel
Also from Montana, Kelli is a photographer in Whitefish and while I'm not all about baby posts.. those faces! I die! 
Our (Completely Unofficial) Macklemore Thrift Challenge - Young House Love
Trevor and I not only love this song, we also love the thrift store. We may have to play along.
Lipstick Guide - Cupcakes and CashmereOkay, I love lipstick. I don't wear it often because I can't find the right shade but I'm excited to try that coral. 


This week I'm... 

Celebrating that I've finally finished my undergraduate degree. Really people. I mean, if it have to be completely honest with you, I still have to take one last final this evening but then, it's six months without school work! 

Anticipating my prescription glasses arriving this week. While I'm still not over the idea of having to wear glasses every day, I can't wait to be done with blurry text and migraines. Plus, I actually like my frames and I'm excited to wear them. 

Getting ready for my trip to Arizona! That has meant cleaning the house, doing laundry, and making Trevor beef stew and peanut butter cookies. The last two because well, I know I'm going to miss him and I won't feel so bad if I at least leave him with cookies... right? 

Throwing clothes everywhere in an effort to pack. It's never been my favorite thing to do but this time, I'm trying to fit four days worth of necessities into a backpack. While Allegiant offers the best fares to and from Phoenix, those fares don't include a carry-on. Any tips?

Thankful for all of Trevor's help this weekend, and all the time, really. Between the whole finishing college and getting ready for Arizona thing, I've been busy and worse yet, I've been sick. So instead of waking me up early today, Trevor let me sleep in and cleaned the kitchen and bathroom. (And, this was before I even baked him cookies, people!) 


I'm also working on some changes to the blog and its design this week! Please don't mind if things are a little off over the next week days - including that off center header, oops. As you may have noticed, there is now room on the right to feature your blog or shop. If you'd like to swap ads, that will be an option in just a few days. Is there anything else you'd like to see here? Any questions you'd like me to answer? I'd love to include it in my redesign or answer your question on my "about me" page. xo. 

2 comments:

  1. I had to get glasses this month after 10 years of no glasses. I got lasik surgery but that does not last forever. I like your glasses the frames look good for your face shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't gotten my RX lenses in yet but it's definitely different to choose glasses versus needing them. Thank you for the compliments on those frames though! They are from Coastal.com - a great source for affordable frames!

      Delete