Monday, July 16, 2012

Rainy Afternoons



Mondays seem to be our Sundays, lately.

Though Montana’s typically blessed with a dry climate - and therefore, low humidity - we’ve spent the week dodging rainstorms. Some times more successfully than others. For instance, Friday, I developed a case of cabin fever and tried to escape the house for a trip to the grocery store. I no sooner finished my shopping and storm clouds, heavy rains, lightening and deafening thunder rolled in. I can only imagine how ridiculous I looked (I knew how absurd I felt) sitting in front of our local Albertson’s with three bags of groceries and dog food, anxiously awaiting the storm to pass.

Montana is unpredictable - in its weather and our daily happenings. As Trevor says, every day is an adventure. Sometimes a great adventure like offroading on a new mountain or like today, a rainy day trip to the “city”, other times it involves police action or walking home in a thunderstorm but hey, that’s Montana. 

Today we were reminded of that unpredictability when we enjoyed our lunch on a restaurant deck as hail pelted the metal roof above us. That being said, we still enjoyed the world’s best french fries - with garlic, cilantro and parmesan - and some of our best Montana cuisine thus far.

We’re slowly but surely eating our way through Butte in an effort to find a gem. Our adventures last week led us to a subpar cafe in a beautiful location, this week - barbecue. While on our culinary pursuits, we manage to squeeze in much-needed errands that today included job applications, trips to Walmart and finally buying Trevor some much-needed work shoes. But now, after a big lunch and a busy day, I’m happy to say that all three of us are snuggled in at home. There may be drywall mud calling my name soon but for now, I’m enjoying my “Sunday” time with my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment