Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Winter Wonderland

I'm sitting at my kitchen table and as I write this, I can see through the window that the snow is still falling. Even with less than two inches expected, my yard has seemed to transform itself into a winter wonderland. The three story brick house which I now call home is surrounded by trees on all sides. Berry bushes line the front sidewalk. When the snow falls, it coats the branches of both and makes the entire yard look surreal. Coming home to snow here is always beautiful. Tomorrow's forecast for 45 degrees warranted a quick trip outside to document the splendor that snow brings.





Tonight, I'm staying home to watch the snow, snuggle up with my boyfriend, perhaps accomplish some homework, and make walnut crusted chicken with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed asparagus. How are you enjoying the snow day?



1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous shots. I wish it snowed where I live (I'll even take the muddy slush).

    ReplyDelete