Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Ten on Tuesday: Plus One

Yesterday, I was tagged in a little blogger game - Eleven Things, by Sam who writes over at Wrong Decade. Coincidentally, my answer post falls on a Tuesday and while the theme is typically a list of ten, today's Ten on Tuesday is plus one. The basis for the game is easy, after all, there are only five rules:

1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you’ve tagged them.


Eleven Random Things:

1. Lately I've been thinking a lot about getting a tattoo. I can't decide what I want to get (a feather, birds, a quote?) or where on my body to put it (my hip, my wrist, my foot, my side, my back?). Recently though, I found out that people with dermographia, a weird condition where you get welts when scratched, shouldn't get tattoos and I'm having a hard time giving up the ideas I had planned out.

2. I seem to become easily obsessed with specific foods and will eat the exact same thing for many meals, or even days, in a row. Last week, for three days straight, I ate little other than fruits and vegetables. Afterwards, I spent three days eating Progresso's "Chicken Corn Chowder". Sometime's it's guacamole, fresh salmon or macaroni and cheese. Sometimes I worry that it's a bad dietary habit and that I will end up like the Chicken McNuggets girl.

3. In the past three or four years, I've managed to shatter three iPhone screens. Despite the ever increasing cost to fix them, I continue to buy and use only iPhones. This afternoon, I will be spending $90 to fix my latest accident. Oops.

4. If I had to pick one thing to drink for the rest of my life, it would be iced chai. My boyfriend claims to have a chai recipe which will change my tea drinking habits and dependence on Starbucks for good. That being said, he still hasn't made it for me.

5. If I could trade places with any celebrity, it would have to be Chelsea Handler. I think she is the funniest woman alive and I love that she's famous for little other than being funny and being a bitch - plus she gets to hang out with Ross Matthews. I'm obsessed with "Chelsea Lately" and Trevor and I make it a point to watch it daily. That being said, "Are you there, Chelsea?" just isn't my cup of tea.

6. Given the option, I would quit college today and not really consider it twice. I really don't think that it's my thing and I'm not sure how I am supposed to decide what I want to do for the rest of my life when I'm only twenty years old.

7. When I have a huge to-do list or exams to study for, I am likely to procrastinate by cooking or baking. Especially since moving to my own apartment, cooking has become one of my favorite hobbies.

8. Speaking of procrastinating, it's one of the things I rarely do. After four years of high school, being unorganized and stressed to complete projects, I entered college with great time management and organization skills. I constantly lost points on assignments for losing important documents, having crumpled forms or simply forgetting to turn them in on time. Now? My papers are hole punched and put in my binder right away, I have two calendars and a day planner, and I color code and prioritize all of my assignments and to-do lists.

9. My musical tastes are constantly changing and evolving. Thanks to Trevor, I have an iPod with almost 16,000 songs which range from Adele to jazz to reggae to Nine Inch Nails. My mood generally dictates what I'm listening to. This week? I'm all about Ellie Goulding.

10. Sundays are my favorite day of the week. I spend all week counting down to them because it means a day of sleeping in, playing with Buddy, going out to eat somewhere fun and spending the whole day just being with Trevor. I probably should use this one day off of work and school to be productive but I think that having a day for yourself and just to relax is important.

11. Recently, I've been doing power yoga a few times each week. I find it ridiculously difficult to spend ninety minutes in a ninety degree room. Though I don't do too badly at the physical aspects and poses of yoga (if you take my heart into consideration), I am far from achieving the mental balance associated with the practice.

Eleven Questions from Sam: 

1. Are you a shoe or bag person, and why? 
I am really neither of the two but if I had to choose, I would say that I am a shoe person. Right now, I'm not even carrying a bag. I don't go out of my way to buy shoes, nor do I like to spend a lot of money on them, but I do have a few obsessions like Sperry's. Plus, I've been really craving a cute pair of Tom's!

2. Do you have a favourite kind of outfit? 
I have a lot of fashion styles that I love including dresses with fun colored tights, but when it comes to my own outfits, I find that I'm drawn to leggings, knee high socks, fun scarves, boots and cardigans in the winter. (Especially in neutral colors.) Come spring and summer, I love thin sweaters, patterns, floral prints, tank tops and strappy flat sandals.

3. What would your dream home look like on the outside? 
I've never dreamed of having a very big house. I'd like a fairly small home with a brick or stone exterior. I would also love to have a wrap around porch with a wooden porch swing or nice outdoor furniture. It would definitely have an outdoor shower for the summertime, a hammock or outdoor bed in the back yard, and lot's of fun outdoor lighting. I would also love to have water nearby - that could mean living near a lake, being close to the ocean or just having a stream or pond in the yard. A garden is a must, as well. I love having access to homegrown fruits and vegetables.

4. Is there a film you can watch over and over without getting sick of it? 
I get tired of movies after seeing them two or three times, unlike Trevor who makes me watch "the Other Guys" at least twice a week. That being said, I can watch films like Black Swan or Inception multiple times because my understanding of the movie changes each time that I see it.

5. What is one of your favourite things about who you are? 
I always took it for granted but apparently, not everyone is creative or excels at creative hobbies and tasks like drawing, photography, or design. I seem to have "an eye" for these things and that has always come naturally to me. As I get older, I appreciate this about myself more and more.

6. What is one of your favourite things about how you look? 
A few months ago, I made the decision to cut my hair short. I think it's one of the best decisions I've ever made. In my opinion, I look older and "more polished" so to speak. Plus, it's fun and easy! I never enjoying spending a lot of time on my hair.

7. Assume you have lots of money and can help out a cause/charity. Which cause/charity would it be and why? 
Given the opportunity to donate money to any charity, I would choose the Penn State Dance Marathon. Ultimately this money benefits the Four Diamonds Fund and children and families battling pediatric cancer. Because of some very special kids in my life, like Kasey, Maddie, Ava, and Becca, fighting pediatric cancer is a cause that I strongly stand behind. THON has also been such an important part of my life in the past three years and I am excited to see it grow and expand in the future. If you didn't know, this year, THON, with only the help of student volunteers, raised $10.68 million! 

8. If you could have any animal in the world as a companion/pet, which would it be and why?
The boring answer to this question would simply be a dog. Thanks to Buddy, I've developed a soft spot for Pit Bulls and would love to have one of my own. I think that they are often misjudged as mean and viscous because of dog fighting but really, Buddy is a snuggly baby who thinks he's nothing other than a lap dog. A pit bull obviously isn't ideal since I'm a pretty petite person and well, Buddy weighs 80 pounds, over 70% of what I weigh!! (But for a more exciting answer, I'd love to have a cute little hedgehog to snuggle!)

9. What are some things that calm you down when you’re feeling stressed? 
Wearing leggings (whenever I have a busy or stressful day ahead, I dress in comfy clothes like leggings and my Sperry's). Snuggling with Trevor and Buddy. A trip for italian ice or a snow cone, even if it's alone. Cooking. Turning on my favorite music and listening to it nice and loud. A free hour at Starbucks with a chai latte and time to browse photography websites and my favorite blogs.

10. If you were to invent your own fancy beverage (say, for Starbucks), what would it contain? 
The only beverage I wish existed that currently doesn't is a caffeine free version of Dr. Pepper. Ideally, Diet Dr.Pepper Cherry, only without caffeine. My life would be complete! I really don't understand why soda needs caffeine added to it, anyway.

11. Burgers or pizza?
I would definitely say pizza except that gluten free pizza can't even begin to compare to real pizza. (The pizza that I make at home is delicious though!) That being said, burgers are delicious whether eaten with a roll, a gluten free roll, or nothing at all and so ultimately, burgers would have to be my answer.

I am tagging: Trevor who just started his own blog, Marisa (a high school friend and author of the College Cuisiner), and Liatra. Feel free to use my questions and participate, too - even if you weren't tagged! If you decide to play along, leave a comment here so that I can view your responses!

The questions for those of you who were tagged:
1. If you could see any book turned into a movie, what book would it be and why?
2. If your home was on fire, what would be the first thing that you would grab?
3. What is the one thing you are most afraid of?
4. What candy bar do you think is most like your personality?
5. If you could learn any skill or hobby, what would it be?
6. If you could be part of any TV or movie family, which family would it be and why?
7. Given the chance to trade places with any celebrity, which celebrity would you pick?
8. If cost was not a factor, where in the world would you choose to live?
9. What is your most memorable vacation, road trip or adventure?
10. What one trait is a necessity for you to find in a significant other?
11. If you could only eat out at one restaurant for the rest of your life, which one would you choose?

I had a lot of fun with this little "game" and found it to be a challenge, too. Thanks Sam for tagging me! I hope that those of you I tagged will participate - I'm anxious to see your facts and answers!

I hope you're all having a happy, sunny, Tuesday! It sure does feel like spring, today.


No comments:

Post a Comment