Monday, May 23, 2011

Summer Rhythm

My summer has followed a basic rhythm.
A work schedule spanning six days.
Every busy hour planned.
Bed times and alarm clocks planned.
Fun, not planned. 

I think that's the way I like it most. I never pencil in fun activities on my calendar - I make them happen. If that means fitting three hours at the mall with my best friend, donation letter work, a senior portrait shoot and a family ice cream trip all into one day, so be it.

Without expecting fun every day, I find it invigorating when laughs and sunshine sneak their way into my day. Like today, when the girls and I ended up sitting at a picnic table, eating way too much Perrydell icecream in the eighty degree May weather.

It's been a long week. A week so busy that I haven't had time to sit and write anything. A week that has left me so tired that this is all I'll be writing tonight. The next few days aren't following my rhythm and that? I'm not happy about that, at all.

So here's my weekend in (terrible, unprocessed, straight-from-the-camera) photos.


Senior portraits.



New sandals.


A lot of driving.
Calm down, Mom. The car wasn't moving.


And even more ice cream.
I eat ice cream, a snow cone or italian ice every single day. Sometimes all three.
I may have a problem but I just call it "summer".


And we can't forget the girls, cows or trips to Perrydell.



We drove the whole way to Perrydell just to buy Cow Tails.
The girls seem to think they aren't sold anywhere else.



Chocolate marshmallow ice cream. Cow sprinkles. Nothing better.


Except those blue eyes.


Please look at that cow's tongue. 


Erica loves "hanitizer."


"Is that real cow poop I'm smelling? Well, that's just disgusting." - Erica, 3.




No comments:

Post a Comment