Monday, May 16, 2011

Here Comes the Sun

Today found me in a THON tee, leggings and sperrys. Hair in a bun, bangs a mess. Curled up on an upholstered chair in Starbucks with a venti Iced Chai Latte. Rainy days always send me running for the nearest coffee shop.

Last week, found myself and the girls at Nixon Park. We decided to soak up the much-needed sun, breath in the smells of springtime, drive across York in their mom's BMW and walk until we couldn't walk much further. After realizing my memory card was not in my camera, I was devestated. Two beautiful girls, a beautiful park - no camera. So, I take a deep breath. And out comes my iPhone. My photos were stripped of aperture, ISO values, and shutter speed settings but the moment was still there. It could have been worse.


Like when that same day, I managed to leave my camera at Beth's for the next two days. Really.


Maybe it was meant to happen that way... to spend a day without worrying about photos. I ended up taking many less than I would have with my camera working but maybe that had something to do with carrying a sleepy three-year-old for a mile hike back to the car.



Camera or not, we enjoyed the day. 


We sang "The Arts Go Marching".


Retold the story of Hansel and Grettle.


Looked for tadpoles and sunbathing turtles.
And found both.


Ran as fast as our legs could carry us.
Over the river and through the woods.


Had a picnic lunch... with some uninvited visitors.
Then shared our PB&J with the ants, anyway.


Played I Spy.


Found a meadow.


Loved the meadow. 

Turned left and followed a new trail.


Found the perfect bench for a snack.
Tried to figure out why the bench sat so high off the ground that our toes couldn't reach the dirt.


Watched big sisters do their big sister thing.


Put our hands in the water.


And shared the day with Wally - a mantee with a walrus complex.
Now we're sharing it with you. 

Where would I be without an iPhone?

No comments:

Post a Comment