Sunday, August 5, 2012

Oh Happy Days.



Even looking at these pictures makes my heart skip a bit. 
Somedays, I can’t get over how lucky I am.

The days have been long and busy this week but what happy days we’ve had. Okay.. maybe I began the day yesterday with a frustrated text to a best friend proclaiming my homesickness.. but my feelings changed quickly, much like Montana weather does.

Lately, the daylight sun is unbearable and sends even Buddy seeking out shade. The afternoons pass by with hail storms, and umbrella-breaking winds and the nights have fallen below forty all week. We wake up snuggled under a pile of blankets, our feet still cold.

Trevor has found himself busy with late nights at work, while I’ve found myself busy organizing and cleaning, baking cookies and doing laundry. No matter how many days pass here, I still find myself anxiously waiting for a text that Trevor’s on his way home. I frantically finish what I’m doing as soon as my phone vibrates with the “homeward.” text. Then, eventually, Buddy wakes from his snoring couch slumber to wait for his papa at the door.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that while I hate late nights, I don’t mind finishing them with home cooked dinners and hard cider. This week we’ve been busy revisiting our favorite television show (and regretting that we haven’t invested in cable as the second season is quickly approaching). Even more, I enjoy starting the next day with hot baked oatmeal and both of my happy boys in the kitchen.

Oh happy days.

1 comment: