Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Yes, I'm alive.

Today, maybe barely.

The summer heat is wearing me down as I shuffle from job to job with a lack of sleep between shifts. Coming home from vacation has found me busier than before I left - and has found Pennsylvania much more humid. By eight a.m, I'm dreaming of snow cones.

Today, has been a full day.

For whatever reason, the Blue Heron has been the place to be over the past twenty-four hours. A fifty-plus reservation dinner last night to packed lunch this morning - with a few hours of sleep and an all-too-early wake up call between.

After managing through that and inhaling Amy's gluten-free Mac&Chs (comfort food, yes) - I did manage to give myself an hour break to sip an Iced Chai and prepare for a couples portrait session while stealing internet from my favorite place, Starbucks.

Eventually, I forced myself to get up and make the drive to Ben's hometown where I was lucky enough to photograph my good friend Lindsey, before she and Ben leave for college. Thankfully, the sun was a little lower in the sky and the breeze kept the heat at a manageable level. Here's a little sneak peak of photos to come:



Today also brought big, bittersweet news: I was accepted to Millersville for the fall.
But that is tomorrow's decision.

Look forward to a few posts this week about silly things like zucchini bread, photo shoots, fall plans, apartment hunting & whatever else July shoves my way. All before a last-minute-spur-of-the-moment-oh-so-needed mini-vacation to Pittsburgh for a weekend with my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment