Thursday, July 28, 2011

Make Moves

Where to begin? Maybe with a "Hello, long time, no see."
Eleven days.

I have so many things to tell you about those eleven days and unfortunately, little to no pictures to accompany them. I've been so overwhelmed that even Instagram feels out of reach. My rebel? You're kidding.. right? I did get my camera bag out the other day, though.

Small steps.

Who am I trying to fool.. my life has been anything but small steps these days.


Last weekend, I found an apartment online.
I went to see it the next day.
The next day, I signed a lease.
This weekend, I moved in.
Now? I've been living on my own for five days.
I've been meaning to take pictures of the place but hey, small steps.
Besides, it's still missing a few things.. like a table and chairs.


If I never have to move again, it will be too soon but we all know how unrealistic that is. I did learn a few things though - one, ask for help. Two, don't live on the third floor. Three, don't move on the hottest weekend of the year. Four, buy your air conditioner first. Five, just don't move. Seriously. Moving sucks.

But now, I'm settled. Lamps have been plugged in, curtains have been hung, meals have been cooked, dishes washed, laundry is finally done. It's starting to feel a little bit less overwhelming and a lot more relaxing. Who knew that eating cereal on your couch alone at midnight could be so fun? Or that a five minute drive to work would be so liberating?

Now, I have an extra hour a day. I'm going to use it to go to the gym.. cooking for one is hard.
But, for now, that's all the extra time I have to blog.
I'm going to sign over my new car but more about that later.

1 comment:

  1. we need to skype asap. we can bond over our independence. & i cant wait to visit!

    -steph

    ReplyDelete