Monday, July 22, 2013

Where We Ate | Season's Rotisserie & Grill

Seasons-2Seasons-1Seasons-3

As self-proclaimed foodies (my other half is a chef, after all), Trevor and I really enjoy trying new restaurants - whether it's chosen from a friend's recommendation, a magazine article, or just on a whim. Now, living in a tourist-driven area, there are more than enough great restaurants to choose from. I know that when we travel, I hunt out reviews of the best restaurants in the area - after all, you only have so many meals to eat in one place. I thought that this new feature "Where We Ate" might help anyone visiting the Albuquerque or Santa Fe areas - besides, it's a good reason to go out more. (Isn't that right, Trevor?)

Lately, I have been spending far too much time in Old Town - more on that later this week -  but I decided to go back once again when Trevor suggested a spontaneous date, on a Wednesday none the less, to Season's Rotisserie & Grill.

Some of the things we loved about Seasons?
The open kitchen.
They take food allergies seriously.
Their seasonal menu - with fresh seafood!
(And that you can add two diver scallops to any meal for $10!)
Their polenta. You have to try it. 
Their use of fresh, local vegetables.
That strawberry vanilla infused mojito.
Those flowers.
They have gluten-free dessert - a chocolate torte with a creme brulee top. So. Good.

And while we choose to eat in the restaurant, I've heard that Season's second-floor outdoor bar is pretty great during the summer - they even have live music.

As hard as this is to believe, I'd give Seasons a 5 out of 5.

While the prices are a little higher than you might like a weeknight dinner, they are comparable to restaurants of the area and the food quality makes it worth it. We had no complaints about our dinner, our drinks, or our dessert - and the atmosphere and service were right there too. We will definitely be back. (And this time, I'm ordering the scallops and polenta)


Seasons-5
p.s. Trevor got a smart phone and I'm not sure if it's the best thing or the worst thing ever.


3 comments:

  1. Spontaneous dates are the best, and you had me at "strawberry vanilla infused mojito." I'll take 3!

    Gorgeous photos by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MMM that mojito was just too delicious. I could go for 3 of them right now! I've been playing with creating my own version, I'll let you know if I ever get it right!

      Delete
  2. An Albuquerque blogger! I found you from a comment you left on someone's instagram photo :) We had our rehearsal dinner at Season's and it was delicious! I love going there on summer (and even winter) nights and eating upstairs. It's casual and perfect!

    ReplyDelete