Wednesday, June 12, 2013
I feel like I have just so many things to share with you.
1. I think that my glasses were taken, stolen, swiped, last week. My prescription glasses, the ones I need to see. Gone. I went to a volunteer orientation and used them to watch a powerpoint and video. When I left the hospital, they were gone. No one has seen them. Not the hospital. Not the University. Not the bus station. Who. Does. That.
2. Having my glasses disappear was a great excuse to order five pairs to try on from Warby Parker. My theory is that, like anything else, as soon as you go to replace the missing item, it will appear... Right? (Besides, what does anyone plan to do with my tiny glasses filled with my strange prescription?)
3. I just ordered prints for my first paid photography job in New Mexico. Cool, right? Now, if only I could get around to well, you know, updating my photography website, managing my Facebook page, and filing for a business license.
4. While we're on the subject.. I've been shooting with a Canon 5D Mark II for work and it makes my 60D seem.. well, insufficient. I think this would make a good birthday gift, Mom. (But really, this would be a good alternative.)
5. I also designed and order new business cards this week. I'm so indecisive, it took hours to choose a design. If you were wondering, they match this space. Aqua. Pink. And get this, they're vertical. Please tell me you're a MOO snob too?
6. Yesterday, I experienced my own personal hell. I got to the bus stop after class only to realize that my water bottle was empty. Since my bus was due in five minutes, I decided not to worry about it. Then, forty minutes later, when the bus finally arrived - it arrived without a functioning air conditioner. On a 101 degree day. In Albuquerque, New Mexico. Ugh.
8. By the time I got off the bus, all I wanted in the world was a Dairy Queen twist ice cream in a waffle cone covered entirely in sprinkles. Problem is, I can't even eat ice cream cones.
9. I'm officially halfway through my goal of reading twenty-one books before my twenty-second birthday - and with a habit of reading one book a week, I think I might just make it. I'll be back on Tuesday to share a list of the ten books I've finished.
10. Speaking of books, ever since I started this book, I've been obsessed with the idea of becoming a long distance hiker. I mean, strapping on a backpack and wearing boots until my feet blister.. that just sounds like a good time. (Then again, looking at point 6, this is probably unrealistic.)
11. I would settle for camping but.. we don't even own a tent. So, there's that.
12. Also, I've developed a new addiction: Dunkin Donuts Raspberry Iced Tea. Annnnd it's currently only ninety-nine cents from three to six. I can't get enough.
13. Oh! Oh! Oh! I almost forgot the best news. Pending a background check, I will be volunteering for Child Life at UNM Children's Hospital! GUYS. I can hardly wait.
So tell me, what have you guys been up to lately?
Categories // lately