Sunday, September 23, 2012

Photography Wishes


When my boyfriend not-so-subtly hinted that I create a photography wish list for my upcoming birthday, I thought it would be a fun exercise. While I struggled to find 10 birthday wish list items, I found that my photography wants were already decided. If you're interested in photography, perhaps you will find a new item to add to your own wish list.

1// After falling in love with VSCO Cam for the iPhone, I starting wishing for the same effects for the photos coming from my DSLR. Luckily, Visual Supply Company has created two film packs for use with various photo editing software. A copy of Film 01 for Adobe Lightroom 3 is at the top of my photography must-haves.

2// Though I prefer to photograph with natural light, I'm beginning to realize that learning to correctly use flash might be a good investment in my skills. I'm hoping to buy an external flash with ETTL and this Canon Speedlite Flash seems like a good choice.

3// Even though a Lightroom update doesn't top my list, I do like some of the new features included in Lightroom 4.

4// After buying my 60D, I never got around to purchasing a fun new camera strap. My great ruffled strap still remains on my Rebel XT and this time around, I'm looking for something more classic. I love all of the geometric and bohemian designs from iMo Camera Shop but this one is my favorite.

5// This Bamboo tablet from Wacom could likely tie for my top, reasonable, photography wish. Though I haven't used a tablet for my photography, I'd love to learn how to edit this way - plus, I'd love to use my own sketches, doodles, and handwriting in my blog designs and images!

6// Though I own a remote shutter release, I've quickly learned that a wireless version would be much easier to use. As you know, I'm not one for having my picture taken but perhaps with this cheap investment, I would find myself on the other side of the camera more often.

7// This is the second time in a week that the Canon 50mm 1.4 lens has appeared in my wishes. I've been lusting after this little lens for quite some time but after buying myself a plane ticket to Pennsylvania, it probably won't make my purchase list anytime soon.

8// After reading rave reviews from some of my favorite bloggers, Totally Rad Actions' RadLab showed up on my radar and has stayed ever since. I love the effects of these fun, colorful, vibrant actions. I also love the idea of simplifying my workflow.

9// To the same effect as the camera strap wish, I'm hoping to invest in a more professional and stylish camera bag soon. Though I love my colorful striped bag from Photojojo, this bag from JoTotes has room for my camera bodies, lenses, my laptop and other much needed photography accessories.. like snacks, lipgloss and my iPhone.

So tell me, what items are on your photography wish list? Do you have any recommendations of "must have" items to keep in my camera bag? Favorite lenses or flashes? I'm always looking for other photographers' opinions and recommendations! 

2 comments:

  1. I love having a wireless remote shutter release. It's convenient for taking family photos with myself included! I also love having a fast lens. I traded in my 50mm f/1.8 for a 35mm f/1.8 as it was a better fit for my camera and main use of it. I love the shallow depth of field, but also the ability to take great indoor pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely hoping to invest in a wider lens soon! As for the wireless release? I think that's my next purchase! They're so affordable and important for getting yourself in the picture. I've been using a wired remote but that can be difficult sometimes!

      Delete