Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Am I too old for sprinkles on my icecream?

The answer to that question is, definitely not.


I know that it's been quite a while since I've stopped to write about all the things going on in my life and I apologize, but, it's been quite the two weeks. I've been busier than usual with a lot of unusual things. Unfortunately, I haven't been busy picking up my camera.


All photos taken by me with the Instagram iPhone app.
with the exception of the two photographs of myself which were taken by Kris Thacker.

I got the unique opportunity to spend three days assisting on a commercial photo shoot for the nursing department at the Johns Hopkins Hospital. I learned a lot - not to wear a skirt and tights to work (ever), how to climb a maintenance ladder onto a hospital roof, the best way to pack a tripod bag, how annoying it is to commute up and down 83 every day, and not to procrastinate on papers when you have a three day photography job. Like I said, lessons learned.



With the new found inspiration of being on a job for three days, and the experience of ten inches of snow in October, I managed to rebuild my photography website. You can check it out - I managed to add plenty of photos from Arizona, previous photo shoots, an instagram colletion - there's lots to be seen. If you are interested in having photos done for upcoming christmas cards, or just for fun, please feel free to contact me here or by email!


In less positive news, I ended up in the hospital. Apparently, my heart is a bit of an overachiever. It beats prematurely and that's apparently the explanation for why I haven't felt like myself for days. With limited gym time over the past few weeks, a complete restriction from caffeine (and chocolate), countless phone calls to doctors offices and pharmacies and a prescription for medication that I have no desire to take, I'm feeling a bit better. Next week I'll be writing a post about the whole experience to make up for the mile and a half I couldn't run for gym class. (I love when professors assign me blog posts for classwork.)


With the way I've been feeling, I've been spending more time than ever in my apartment. Thanks to a smart guy I know, my couch is officially, finally, comfortable. And thanks to the advice of my Aunt Sarah, I'm addicted to Breaking Bad on Netflix. (If you want to know a little secret, I can't wait to get that acceptance letter from Arizona State or New Mexico University.)

With the end of the semester quickly approaching, I've been putting in time to tie up loose ends, plan my schedule, set my course to graduate a semester early, studying for my GMAT and rewarding myself with Handel's Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. Delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment