Saturday, March 23, 2013

Four Things with Maren


Though we are on our way to New Mexico as you read this, I couldn't help but to ask another Montana blogger I admire, Maren, to join this little series. Here's what she had to share: 

To be happy in life, it is thought that people should work to live and not live to work. But I feel lucky that I not only live a full life, but also love my job. My blog bureaucrachic showcases how I get through the 9-5 office life of my first full-time professional job, while also providing a glimpse of small-town living in Montana after spending nearly a decade in Seattle and Portland. I have a masters degree in urban and regional planning, and am proud to work for the State of Montana helping to protect and conserve our natural, cultural, and recreational resources. I'm a big outdoors advocate, but also have an insatiable shoe obsession that has developed into a healthy fashion interest. One of my goals in the office and in life is to be respected for my sense of style and for an even stronger work ethic. That balance is my happy place. And to get me there, here a four things that are on my mind lately:


1 // One thing I want is a great investment leather skirt. I love the look of leather, but it's not very work-appropriate as leather pants. I can get away with a leather jacket to and from the office, but a soft and luscious leather skirt like this one from Temperley London would strike the perfect balance to achieving the sleek and edgy leather look while keeping it feminine and chic.

2 // One thing I need is a Google Nexus. We currently don't have a great office set-up in our house, as we are still settling in from purchasing it in September. A Google Nexus would provide more freedom and comfort for web browsing, and allow me to update my blog on-the-go. I was up in Whitefish for work last week, and wanted to post outfits as I was there. A Nexus would be the perfect companion for travel posts! I am digging the Nexus 7 for its compact size and big function.

3 // One thing to wear is anything mint this season! I love this color, and am finding it to be a major weak spot in my shopping budget. A lovely pair of mint flats like these from Ivanka Trump (who knew?!) would be heaven.

4 // One thing to read is Wild by Cheryl Strayed. I am about halfway through the book right now, and it's hard not to want to pack up my backpack and hit the trail! I'm looking forward to getting out this summer and exploring more of Montana.




So tell me, what is your Spring "it" color? Like Maren, I have a major crush on mint this season! I'm also loving emerald green, after all, it is Pantone's color of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment